Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fieldline Tactical

Yesterday, fellow reviewer Mike asked on his Instagram page, what bag would be good for an EDC bag. I immediately responded to this by tagging him in a few of the pictures I have posted on my feed. There is currently only one manufacturer of bags that I own. All six of these bags are made by Fieldline Tactical.

Five of the six bags are their “Alpha Ops Daypack”, and the other is the “Alpha Ops Internal Frame” pack. Why do I need five of the same pack you ask? Two are bug-out-bags in both my wife and my vehicle. One is my edc bag I carry all of my work stuff in, one for the range. The last one is just sitting in my closet.

We currently use the internal frame pack for hiking, while it is much heavier than your traditional “backpacker” pack it suits me for a few days at a time. By no means would I take it out for longer than a weekend as it is just too heavy for long haul trips. I do prefer it over the feather weight packs for its large variety of pouches on the outside of the pack as well as MOLLE webbing.

While we are on the subject of webbing, I will say that anyone who has hiked over tough terrain will tell you the less stuff on the outside of your pack shifting weight around the better it is. While the webbing is there for you to use, be cautious with what you chose to place on the outside.                                                  

For this blog entry I will focus mainly on showing off the features of the pack that I currently have setup for trips to the range.

All of the stitching on the pack, is double stitched, as well as the MOLLE is uniform unlike many inexpensive packs. The straps and back of the pack are also padded with memory foam type padding.  Fieldline even went as far as to place elastic pieces on the packs so that you will not your straps floating all around, as you can easily roll them up and slide them in just like on many GI packs. The bottom of the pack is a tougher Condura type material with four holes with metal eyelets.


On the very top of the pack, you will also find a compartment that is fleece lined. This is normally where I keep my cell phone, or sunglasses that I do not want to get scratched. There is also an elastic pouch that will fit anything from a can of soda, to a 32 oz Nalgene.

A little further down the front of the pack they placed another zipped compartment. The one on my range bag holds my Combat Application Tourniquet, trauma shears, and gloves. I put these on the outside so that they are easy to get to. I can don my gloves and start cutting or apply a TQ quickly without having to open the whole pack up. It also has a Velcro on the outside where I have a patch with my blood type on.

The larger zipper pouch features a patch panel, as well as many small compartments inside.  I these to store extra handgun magazines, boxes of ammo, tape, staples, markers, and any other small items that I may need while out on the range. I also like the two tether and hooks that are on the inside. I use these all the time to hook my keys on so I am not digging for them when I get off work at night in my EDC bag.

On the Inside of the main pouch it has two separate mesh zipper compartments where I keep medical gear as well. The top one I keep my 4x4’s, cling, gloves, and basic first aid items. The bottom compartment I have more gloves, quick clot gauze, H&H compressed gauzes, and an Israeli bandage.

The main compartment is very large and you can fit a wide variety of items. It also has a waterproof pouch to store a hydration bladder. The tube then can come out the top on either right or left side whichever you prefer.  

I have been using one as an EDC bag literally every day for over a year now, and have yet to have any tears, zippers break or any other malfunctions. The best part about this pack is it can be found, with their other packs in the sporting goods section of your local Wal-Mart for only $24.99. Last year they were $19.99 and I got two at the end of the year for only $15.99.


If you are on a budget looking for a good EDC bag, go bag, or anything else I would look no further than the Fieldline Tactical line of bags. For the price they simply can’t be beat.

To see more photos of the bag view our album here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment