Wednesday, January 29, 2014

New Frontier C-4 Billet Lower

Very few items make me change my plans when it comes to firearm purchases. I had my mind set that my next project would be building or buying an AK as I already have two receivers. One day while surfing through Facebook I came across that product that would make me change my mind.

New Frontier recently released their C-4 billet lower receiver with an MSRP of only $120. As with most people when I heard New Frontier I immediately thought of their polymer lowers. The fact is that New Frontier has also recently launched a great product the Extar pistol. Buying a billet lower for $120 I knew I couldn’t go wrong, and if it wasn’t that great it wasn’t a huge deal.

My first impressions of New Frontier came when I contacted the owner. He was extremely friendly in getting me to the right people to set up the transfer to my local FFL. Even though the purchase took place during the same time that other companies were closed for SHOT show the lower shipped the same day. Two days later I had it in my hands.

The lower was of great quality. The machining was absolutely
flawless and I couldn’t believe it was only $120. The C-4 Lower is machined 7075-T6 Aluminum and sports a matte black mil spec anodized finish. As with many lowers on the market, the C-4 is marked in multi so you can use a wide range of upper receivers in conjunction with it. The safety is also engraved and machined to be compatible with BAS_ASS 45 or other ambi and short throw safeties.

I have since installed a Palmetto State Armory lower parts kit, as it is cheaper retail than what I can get wholesale. The furniture has been swapped for Magpul MOE. As expected the New Frontier C-4 accepted all the mil spec hardware without issue. Some parts were not used due to the fact that C4 also has threaded screws and a built in “winter” oversized trigger guard.

So far the New Frontier lower has exceeded my expectations for a $120 billet lower. As a previous Spike’s fan boy, I can honestly say I am excited to see what else New Frontier has in the works and can’t wait to complete the build and put it to the test.


For more information on this lower and how to order it click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment