Thursday, January 2, 2014

Product Review: Tactical Universal Clip


I recently had the opportunity to try out the Tactical Universal Clip. The TUC System is essentially a holster for your rifle or shotgun. It attaches to your chest rig and allows the user to carry their weapon without having to use a sling. It’s a simple setup that’s very user friendly.

For testing purposes I chose my Stag Arms Model 1 AR-15 with Magpul MOE stock. It only took a couple of minutes to get the TUC System installed. The receiver attaches to your vest or chest rig and the male end attaches to the buffer tube. With the rifle attached, it hangs freely and comfortably, running parallel with your body. It keeps the rifle close and accessible. I ran through some different tactical scenarios and spent about 30 minutes with it. Here are my personal thoughts.
 
 

PROS

The biggest advantage of using this system is it allows the operator to have both hands free without having to worry about a sling. It doesn’t restrict the user.

Built of quality materials. While I only tested it for a short period of time, it held up well and I couldn’t find any weak points. Solid construction.

Simple Design. The TUC System is about as simple as they come. It’s practical and easy to setup.

CONS

For my setup, the male end was too close to the buffer tube. I did not remove my Magpul single point sling mount and the male end of the TUC System was in the way. I prefer the option of using either the single point or the TUC without having to install/uninstall mounts.
 

With the stock fully collapsed the male end “stud” was too close to my face for comfort. This will vary by individual and application.

Male end “stud” could easily obstruct access to the charging handle.

Final Thoughts

The TUC System is a quality product that offers a good alternative to using a sling. It’s a simple design and can be installed in a matter of minutes. As tested, I found a few draw backs with the system; however, these results will vary depending on the weapon used and how that weapon is equipped. Take that into consideration when deciding whether or not to purchase this product.

http://tacticaluniversalclip.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment