Thursday, February 6, 2014

SIRT Training Pistol

Yesterday I attended the NRA's Great American Outdoor show. While I was there I went to a "Drawing from a concealed holster" seminar taught by Mike Hughes from Top Shot. Mike is also the founder of the SIRT pistol.

 I had no idea that the class was a hands on class, I figured that it would just be an hour of listening to him talk. The class actually involved equal time, listening to him teach as well as hands on training with the SIRT practicing trigger control, and drawing from the Armordillo Concealment Kydex Holster.

I was quite shocked and happy to use the SIRT to practice with as I had always been on the fence about them. They were extremely comfortable to me as my carry gun is a Glock 19 and the SIRT is slightly smaller than a Glock 17. There were a few guys in the class that you could tell were not familiar with the ergonomics of the Glock models.

The SIRT handguns that we used offered two modes. By switching a lever on the top of the slide you can activate a red laser to show when the trigger slack has been removed. The great part about this feature is that it will show you if you are taking the slack out of the trigger before your muzzle is pointed down range. Once you squeeze the trigger fully, a green laser is then activated showing you hitting your target. The mode can also be deactivated to where it will only fire the green laser.

I was so impressed with the SIRT pistols that I chose to bring a few in. Currently we only have five of the green/red laser models just like I used in class coming in. These models retail for $339.99 however we will be selling them for $299.99 and including a free DVD and training magazine. For more information on theSIRT pistols you can check out this months issue of RECOIL with a write up by Mike Hughes.

Buy your SIRT here

No comments:

Post a Comment